Hello!
Today I conferenced with each student about their basic math multiplication facts and their ability to recall quickly. It is a curriculum goal to be able to efficiently recall facts up to 9 x 9 by the end of grade four. Please look over your child's assessment. I wrote a compliment and a goal for each student. Have a look and sign their assessment. IT IS HOMEWORK FOR THEM TO RETURN THE SIGNED WORK BACK TO SCHOOL TOMORROW. If you want to remember the goal, take a photo of their work. I need the evidence to show them how they grow, as we move forward (but it will come home later too).
As part of our learning about perseverance, we listened to Brave Irene. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN AGAIN. We talked about being courageous, just like in the book. Students will share this link with their grade 1 buddies tomorrow and will retell the beginning, middle and end as part of our reading comprehension too.
Thanks for checking the blog. Have a great night and STAY WARM!
~Mrs. Ross
"Your attitude, almost always, determines your altitude in life!"
Hello my friends....
Wow! It is Thursday already. By the time you see this blog I will have added you to our Google Classroom. I have also sent your guardi...
-
Snowshoeing Success! Thanks to our helpful volunteers, Amanda and Andrea, we quickly learned to put on our snowshoes. The Wildflower Pond...
-
As part of social studies, literacy and health, we read the story called: Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes , in class today. This is a story a...
-
Wow! It is Thursday already. By the time you see this blog I will have added you to our Google Classroom. I have also sent your guardi...